Friday, November 19, 2010

Dairy-free chocolate fondue



I meant to post this a while back but forgot so I should now! I made dairy-free fondue last month and it was great!

ingredients:
  • Silk soy creamer
  • Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chocolate chips (chocolate without dairy!!)
  • powdered sugar
  • vanilla extract
  • amaretto


First I put 1/2 cup of Silk creamer in the pot. I had a fondue pot so it heated up very quickly (don't let it burn!). Then add in the chocolate chips (I used a whole 12-oz bag, and it was enough for 6 people or so). Stir continuously. After the chocolate chips are melted, pour in a capful of vanilla extract. Then add in a few teaspoons of powdered sugar at a time to sweeten up the chocolate. Keep adding sugar to taste. Then mix in a little bit of amaretto, (slightly more than a splash) to add some flavor and also sweeten.

Get any dippers you like and go to town! I like to use bananas, rice krispy treats, and marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment