Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving success


Thanksgiving was better food-wise than I expected. Everyone cooked with almond milk and best life butter.

I had:
  • ham
  • turkey
  • scalloped potatoes made with manchego and pecorino cheese (both from sheep's milk)
  • sweet potatoes
  • dressing
  • pound cake
  • lemon chess pie
  • chocolate cake (made by my mom's cook who made it dairy-free)
I had way too much left over and brought it in to work and had a second Thanksgiving for all my friends. Here are some pictures of the food. You can see my scalloped potatoes at the bottom right with the regular cheese kind on their left.

The pound cake (far left) was apparently a little difficult to make dairy-free. I think she had to make a second or third to get it to do right. We also had to cook the lemon chess pie (far right) longer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment