Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mom, new foods, reviews

My mom came in town tonight and we went shopping after I got out of choir tonight. We went to Target and Kroger. I have a lot more hope now that my mom bought me lots of food.

At Target, we got some more vitamins and calcium, which is good because I love them (I get Disney gummy vitamins and gummy calcium chews)

I also got a few packs of Luna bars, which I had completely forgotten about until Nancy mentioned them a few days ago. I highly reccomend them - they are vegan, good for you, pretty good-tasting, and filling.

Then at Kroger we went wild. I got coconut milk, grapes, almond butter, dairy-free dressing for my carrots (sweet vidalia onion, to be exact - I haven't tried it yet), bacon, maple syrup for cooking stuff, honey, pasta, pizza crusts, a pepper, dairy-free ice cream (specifically organic So Delicious in chocolate velvet), bagels, and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies (Pamela's Chunky Chocolate Chip).

Reviews of the dairy-free products:

So Delicious in chocolate velvet B+

This ice cream was creamy and had the consistency and feel of ice cream down. The taste was interesting - when I first started eating it I wasn't that into it, I felt the chocolate wasn't sweet enough and there was a strange accompanying taste (probably that of the soymilk or ricemilk in it). But, as I ate it, I got used to it and liked it more. For dairy-free, they did a pretty good job. It's certainly something that I could get used to, and is definitely chocolatey and pretty smooth.

Pamela's Chunky Chocolate Chip Gourmet All Natural Cookies A

These cookies really impressed me. They were soft but not too soft, sweet enough but the cookie material was still good and crumbly-like, and the chocolate was about as good as dairy-free chocolate can get, I would imagine. There were also a great amount of chocolate chunks in the cookies - the ratio of chocolate to cookie was very good! (unlike many cookies that don't have enough chocolate in relation to cookie). Not only are they dairy-free, but they're wheat and gluten-free too. They were a little expensive - $3.69 or something like that for 9 cookies, but it's totally worth it in my book because the cookies are very good quality and you really only need to eat one (that's all I ate).

Also, my mom brought me some of the food that her personal chef made, including half a dozen chicken burgers, which were pretty delicious, and some vegan lasagna and vegetable chili. The vegetable chili was ok - I'm not a fan of corn in soups or of a lot of spices, but the squash and whatever else was in there (not going to lie I really have no idea what else was in it) made it good for me. I ate it with some bread, which helped with the spice. It was nice, and certainly good for me and filling, but I couldn't have a lot at a time due to the spiciness. I'm looking forward to eating the lasagna soon.

Need to go to bed soon, my mom hates it when I stay up late and she's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment