Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Things I can fix

I'm going to try working on a list of foods I can prepare that won't include dairy, to lift my spirits and maybe be able to go back to sleep.

Stuff that I can cook at home (and will eat)

(Yeah, I know it's limited, but I'll work on it in time....)
  1. Japanese Curry (curry, carrots, potatoes, rice, chicken optional)
  2. BBQ chicken
  3. mashed potatoes with fake butter and soymilk (wonder how it'll taste though)
  4. pasta with marinara
  5. chicken with breadcrumbs
  6. pork chops in the crock pot with rice
  7. quinoa with squash (note: can't wait until farmer's market!!)
  8. homemade pizza without cheese, add veggies if wanted
  9. sweet potatoes with brown sugar/salt/sugar
more lunchy/snacky things

  1. peanut butter sandwiches
  2. hummus sandwiches (add cucumber slices)
  3. peanuts as snacks
  4. carrots as snacks ....but with what dressing now that I can't do ranch?
  5. salad....what dressing??

Today at CIP I had a salad with balsamic vinaigrette, which I think is our only dairy-free dressing, besides citrus vinaigrette (which I had a reaction to once). I like it alright, but it's still not so great. I had a really hard time figuring out what to eat. I guess I could get any of my favs without the sauces and cheese but that kind of takes away the good stuff. Like, my fav the chicken wrap: I'd have to take out the cheese, aioli (I think??), and that leaves chicken, lettuce, salsa. ugh.

looks like BBQ is going to be my new favorite sauce (not that it wasn't anyway)

Stuff I can/will eat at CIP
  1. fish and chips
  2. st barts chicken
  3. chicken sandwich without cheese (bacon is on there! bacon will be a new flavor-friend)
  4. salad with balsamic
  5. chicken wings
  6. popcorn shrimp
  7. fries, sweet potato chips, rice, broccoli, green beans
The thing about CIP that sucks though is that the cooks hate to modify anything on the menu, so the more you ask them to do (like, make me a wrap with chicken, bbq sauce, and rice, or a sandwich with chicken, avacado, and bacon....good ideas i just came up with!) they'd be like WTF I'm not doing this! So i'm really worried that I'm going to run into that, and that basically I'm going to starve at work.

I need to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment