Wednesday, February 24, 2010

more reviews, Rebecca's Natural Foods

My mom came by work with me when I went in, and then stopped by Rebecca's Natural Foods before she left town to get me some more stuff! I have like way too much food right now. Well I mean you can't have too much food I guess, I just hope none of it goes bad because I forget about it.

She said the man at Rebecca's was really nice and helpful. She got me some coconut milk that was in the refridgerated section, some dairy-free mac and cheese mix, dairy-free cheese, spinach pie, and dairy-free frozen pizzas.

So Delicious Coconut Milk, vanilla flavor (bought at Rebecca's)
A
This milk alternative is by far my favorite. I like the sweet flavor, and the very white color. (the dark color of soymilk and almond milk kind of freak me out/are unappetizing to look at). I expected is that it would be a little creamier, but I suppose the lightness of the milk is good for all-purpose use. I think I'm going to stick with this milk! My question now is, how long does it last - how do you know it's gone bad?

For dinner, I just had a...

Millet and Flax Spinach Pie made by Sami's Bakery (bought at Rebecca's)
A
I don't think I've ever had spinach without cheese, so I was worried, but it wasn't bad! In fact it was pretty good! The "bread" on the outside was tasty and soft. The spinach was tangy and tasty. I was thorougly happy with it and I would definitely eat it regularly. It reminds me of greek cooking. It's dairy-free and gluten-free. It was really easy - just pop it in the toaster oven to heat up. The only thing I don't know is how much it cost.

Then for dessert...

ZenSoy Chocolate Soy Pudding (bought at Kroger, at Barracks)
A+
This pudding is pretty much indestinguishable from regular chocolate pudding. Dairy-free and gluten-free. Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment