Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ice cream review and social hope

I have slightly more hope for being able to eat in social situations because last night when Crystal and I went out I had an almost completely dairy-free meal! We went to Friday's and I got pork dumpling pot stickers, chicken fingers and fries, and a peanut butter pie (surely had a small amount of dairy) and a pineappley drink. It was great!!

Tonight I was in an ice cream mood, and since the "So Delicious" Chocolate I got was less than great, I got some more at Kroger tonight. So...

Good Karma Organic Rice Divine in Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
B+
The actual ice cream here is good, a good mix of chocolate and peanut butter flavor. The pieces in it though (peanut butter chunks? chocolate chunks?) are kind of odd, but not terrible. I like it better than the "So Delicious."

Purely Decadent (made with Coconut Milk) in Mint Chip
A-
This stuff is pretty good. Smooth and minty, no weird aftertaste like the "So Delicious," and seems the truest to its 'original' counterpart (the same flavor in normal ice cream. You can faintly taste the coconut milk, but I like coconut milk pretty well so I don't even realize, really. The only think I would like is more chocolate pieces in it - it does have some in there but not much and it doesn't have a strong chocolate component to it - it's really mint ice cream with chocolate shavings. Still, pretty good.

Still haven't found anything to even come close to the good old Blue Bell chocolate ice cream at work......

No comments:

Post a Comment