Sunday, March 14, 2010

the weekend

So once again, in a social situation my not eating dairy causes me irritation...

Last night a few of my girlfriends and I went to someone's house in the afternoon and then we were going to hang out and prepare for having people over later that night. So, we needed to eat something for dinner. The girls had made pizza and breadsticks, both of which had dairy in them. We went to the grocery store to get something anyway, so I had a chance to grab something to eat, but there isn't really a whole lot of food that's quick and dairy free. I got a potato salad, which didn't have any dairy ingredients listed. That still wasn't that much, and it certainly wasn't a whole dinner, so the next time we went to the store (yeah we went a few times) I got this bread from the bakery that was on sale. The bread was totally delicious.

I had enough food to not be hungry, but surely didn't eat well enough and I didn't have variety or really anything nutritious. Then I was super hungry all morning, even though I had my usual Luna bar for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment