Friday, March 19, 2010

physical symptoms/improvements!

I've been pretty much dairy-free for at least 2 weeks now. Probably longer but the days have been flying by, I don't really know. The big question now is...did it work?

Well, they said that my blood tests showed a slight allergy to dairy and a large allergy to cats and dogs. I also know that I'm allergic to certain molds, dust mites, strawberries, NSAIDS (aspirin and anything like it), heat, sun, saltwater on my skin. Getting rid of the cats is out of the question, though I do hope to move to a less allergy-prone place (hardwood floors).

So, my symptoms.
-frequent headaches: tension, migraine, sinus.
-fatigue
-very sensitive skin - allergy to heat, sun, saltwater (Cholinergic Urticaria)
-asthma

Have these symptoms changed?
The answer is about 40%. My headaches have been significantly lessened, which is amazing. I used to have headaches about 4/7 days a week, so to be headache free for most of the last 2 weeks is prettttty awesome. The fatigue has lessened too - I hate mornings less now, and can work hard all day and not feel like I'm going to die (I actually have no days off!). The other two - skin and asthma - have not improved any. It really was the sun/heat allergy I wanted to solve the most, BUT, I have to be thankful for the fact that some good did come of all this trouble.

I'm really tired now since I've been up since 7:30....so night!

No comments:

Post a Comment