Monday, March 1, 2010

soy cheese reviews

another day going strong!!!

Today I had a Luna bar (A+!) for breakfast, a wrap with turkey, guacamole, and bacon at CIP for lunch, and a pizza I made myself for dinner with marinara sauce, peppers and soy cheese. Just had one of my Pamela's chocolate chip cookies for dessert and about to eat a Zensoy chocolate pudding (YUM!)

A few days ago, I tried a...

Tofutti Pan Crust Pizza (bought at Rebecca's)
C-
This pizza was my first interaction with soy cheese, and I was sadly disappointed. The cheese didn't really taste like anything and was very watery all over the pizza. Like...when I cut it, the watery-ness just leaked onto the plate from the top. The crust left a lot to be desired too - it wasn't "pan" and it was not crispy and not delicious. The sauce was blah.
The tastier, cheaper alternative to this is to make your own pizza!!

I used Mama Mary's Pizza Crusts (bought at Kroger), Harris Teeter brand marinara sauce (super cheap and super delicious), an orange pepper chopped up on top, and then tried some soy cheese (which I most likely won't use again) - Tofutti American Slices (B-). The pizza crust was very tasty, had a good amount of bulk to it and a great crisp. The peppers were good, but the cheese was once again pretty tasteless, watery, and not really worth it. So... in the future, I'll make pizza with the crust, sauce, and peppers (or some other toppings that aren't fake cheese!)

In other news, I have been loving my Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon. Buy it, microwave it, and bam! delicious!

and in other other news, the doc that called me, and all the other docs in the allergy clinic, went away to some conference until Tuesday or Wednesday this week...so nice of that lady to leave me a worrisome message and then skip town for a week. Here's hoping there's an answer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment