Wednesday, March 17, 2010

polenta!

Yesterday I went to Kroger before going home and I was hungry for something dinner-like. I shopped throughout the alternative foods section for a while and decided on getting some polenta (mushy stuff made out of corn...replacement for starch or grain sometimes). (I also got some more ZenSoy pudding, Newman-Os, apples, grapes, etc).

So after the grocery store, I made some polenta cakes. I call them cakes because I shaped them into such, but the stuff could have been just pushed around in the pan (like scrambled eggs) because it fell apart really easy. The polenta was pre-cooked so all you had to do was heat it up!

I used some of the polenta, a few strips of bacon, and the drunken goat cheese. I took all these things and just mixed them together well and formed them into cakes. I fried then in a pan with the fake butter I have, and I have to say it was pretty delicious. I probably could do it with just the bacon if I need to eliminate the goat cheese. I highly recommend polenta for those who miss grits, omlettes, or other mushy warm things that contain cheese or milk to make them delicious.

Note on goat cheese: if you remember, the goat cheese that made me sick last time was the 'rawer' goat cheese (wetter, more milk in it). The drunken goat cheesed is more aged, so it should be better for me and it was - no stomachache or headache.

It's interesting, I've been craving more healthy foods recently. Like, I always crave chocolate, but recently I've preferred Luna bars and been super craving apples and peanut butter. So I suppose that's good - wanting fruits and veggies.

Next post: an update on how I physically have been feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment